Sunday, January 4, 2009

(Even though this image and the one in the earlier post have references to the big US of A, I am in no part American nor have any such leanings. They just so happen to fit the content of my rants. In fact I am as uniquely Singaporean as any Singaporean my age can get lorhxzxz- and no it isnt in China.)

I apologise for the cheesy title and I have no excuse for it.

Before I finally give myself up the security of our nation (no i'm not a national threat but soon i will be guarding against these kinds, i hope), I thought that i should clear my backlog - emotional and physical. I know i have the undesirable habit of pushing things aside, things that i don't want to deal with and yes people do get hurt along the way. So i will deal with it.

Call it a spiritual cleansing of sorts. These past few days i've got to spend time alone. Waking up at one in the afternoon and sleeping at two in the morning. Unhealthy I know, especially as i will transform into a lean mean machine in just a couple of days that will wake up at 0500 hours and sleep at 2200 hours automatically. Well i least i still run, sometimes. Everyone needs to rest and recover once in a while alright! Back to spending time alone. You think about things (when you are not in fornt of the television watching the popcorn equivalent of tv content) and you begin to wonder. And you realise. That you have to do something about things. Whether it's sleeping and waking early, or hitting the gym and track, or spending time with your family or even packing up your table. Yes, i did it. I managed to clear the carnage left behind by the A Levels that rotted for at least a month. A couple of years worth of notes, neatly stacked away in a computer box- never to haunt again (well at least not for another 2 years).

This wasnt an easy task. It wasnt the sheer weight of the worksheets and notes but the stale memories that regained part of its freshness as you read about life as a teenage boy from the half-filled (yes, optimism is key!) journals and organisers. Even notes and worksheets can become signposts along memory lane. It was a reflection of sorts. Therapeutic, even.

The sun's rays will start to shine particularly replendently through the window glass, stretch across that freshly clean and coordinated desktop and reach towards you as you awake from your rest. You will feel the warmth of these arms in the coolness of the air-conditioning and you will see that it is not so bad. Issues will have to be worked out.

But it doesn't have to end in a cold, damp garbage disposal.

Think of the endless possibilities in the embrace of the sun. The embrace of the renewed freshness of new beginnings.

I hope things work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment